[Pythonmac-SIG] Framework build of 2.4.2

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Nov 2 23:02:23 CET 2005

On 31-okt-2005, at 10:38, Michael Hudson wrote:

> Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> writes:
>
>> BTW. Actually building the beast sucks, the script for building the
>> documentation index is not very reliable: it crashes while waiting
>> for the indexer to finish. Luckily I can compensate for this in the
>> build script.
>
> If you have changes you think should be checked in, assign a patch on
> SF to me and I'll do it.

I will, once I'm sure that my changes are actually correct.

BTW. I finally have a working installer at http://pyobjc.sf.net/
software/MacPython-2.4.2-1.dmg. I have barely tested this as of yet.

This includes documentation. Annoyingly it is still necessary to
install Bob's Tiger fixes if you want to build extensions on Tiger.
The pyconfig.h created on Panther is not compatible with Tiger, I'll
see if I can find a good and simple solution for that. The easiest
solution I can think of right now is shipping the Tiger version of
pyconfig.h in the installer as well and swapping in the right
pyconfig during installation.

The other half of Bob's Tiger fixes is no longer relevant because the
Python installer now patches Apple's python at installation time.

Ronald