[Pythonmac-SIG] Loading modules on MacOS

Jure Menart jurem at si.insilica.com
Wed Nov 2 07:38:08 CET 2005

Hi,

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> Why not build libcore_module1.dylib as one would normally do (and I
> haven't done that yet, so can't help you there, -dynamiclib seems to
> be the right way). Then use distutils to build the extensions, that
> way the exentions get build how they should be.

well, I'd like to use existing Makefiles because many python scripts are
called during compilation (it is huge Makefile/Python compilation sistem
:)) - I was already thinking about moving compilation to distutils - but
there'd be too much things to rewrite, so I'm using distutils only for
installation.
I'll look into this option, when everything else fails. :/

For now I will investigate if .dylib is generated correctly - if there
are any 'features' with dlcompat wrapper that I'm not familiar with.

> What do you mean by 'hangs'? I suppose your script stops executing
> when it hits the import statement, but the quotes make me curious.

You're correct - by 'hangs' I meant, that Python freezes, when import is
called.

Regards, Jure