[Pythonmac-SIG] SetSystemUIMode in python?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat May 28 01:22:49 CEST 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 4:18 PM, Dethe Elza wrote:

> On 27-May-05, at 4:05 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>>> I hadn't realized that you could import functions with PyObjC and no
>>> (additional) intervening Obj-C code. Very very cool.
>>
>> This functionality has been there since 1.2 (2004-12-29).
>
> Yes, I realize I'm late to the party, just discovering this now.
> It's cool enough to be given more air-time, IMHO.

It's sort of black magic, and it's not very convenient unless you
really know what you're doing (type signatures, etc.).  It's also not
as complete as ctypes is with regard to pointers to things (i.e.
variable length arrays), because PyObjC doesn't offer that
abstraction yet.  When the new scanner stuff is prime time, it'll get
some air-time (indirectly).

That said, for simple functions with simple arguments and return
values, it's great if you understand the Objective-C type signatures
involved :)