[Pythonmac-SIG] Python Metadata Importer

eichin@metacarta.com eichin at metacarta.com
Thu May 26 20:22:35 CEST 2005

> Not many people do the CVS thing these days, and that number is going
> to get smaller and smaller since people are replacing CVS with
> Subversion and others.

svn propset svn:keywords 'id' filename (which is a default, I think,
anyway - I don't think switching to subversion will make it *any* less
common, though clearly it isn't all that common now.)

The only thing to watch out for is when you parse it -- cvs id
versions always have a dot in them and mention the ",v" whereas svn
id versions are always an integer, and use a different date format:

# $Id: FooBarBaz.py,v 1.12 2005/03/15 20:44:09 eichin Exp $
# $Id: FooBarBaz.py 24324 2005-05-13 21:10:53Z eichin $

As long as you're moderately generous in the pattern match, it's
likely to work with both (the cvs version can contain multiple dots,
as well.)