[Pythonmac-SIG] Frameworks which won't import

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Wed May 25 18:53:48 CEST 2005

On 18-May-05, at 11:14 AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On May 18, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Dethe Elza wrote:

>> I have a framework which I can't import into PyObjC in the usual
>> way.  Since then I've tried various other frameworks I've found on my
>> system, mostly embedded in application bundles, and some import but
>> others do not.  I'm not getting any information on *why* they can't
>> be imported, even when I turn on debugging with the following lines
>> before any attempt to load bundles.
> [snip]

> It's more or less a case of getting what you deserve, trying to
> load embedded frameworks from applications that were never meant
> for external use.  They probably depend on symbols defined in the
> executable or something.

So I finally got a response from Skype tech support:

<quote>
Skype.framework is currently a private framework, meaning that you
should include it in your application. It should be located in
@executable_path/../Frameworks ... Let us know if this solves your
problem.
</quote>

And I've embedded the framework in my (PyObjC) application in foo.app/
Contents/Frameworks/

but it still doesn't load.  Is this a case where I should build a
wrapper in ObjC and then load my wrapper from PyObjC?

--Dethe

"Isn't 'A guy tried to smuggle plutonium from Tajikistan into
Afganistan or Pakistan' just a fancy way of saying 'Live for the
moment?'" --Get Your War On