[Pythonmac-SIG] .pth use

Lee Cullens lee_cullens at mac.com
Sun May 22 09:15:17 CEST 2005

All my hullabaloo about maybe helping with the simpler questions and
I can't even wipe yet :~)

I forgot how (where) I set up a .pth file back in the Panther and
Bob's new right way of including Python 2.4 in Tiger got me all
confused.  So I looked back at Bob's notes, got frustrated looking
for /usr/bin/local when maybe I should have been looking for /usr/
local/bin -  anyway it has been a long day what with college
graduation festivities and all the inlaws :~) - another generation
hits the streets.

I put my little common Python utilities in a separate folder and did
not want to fool with Pythonpath to import them while testing so I
found a place for a .pth file that worked, but I'm wondering if I am
doing what is intended/acceptable?

What worked (at least so far) was to put a .pth file (containing /
Users/Chinook/PythonProjects/MyUtilities) in /Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages

So am I violating the proper Mac way scripture?

Thanks and to all a good night,
Lee C
(Trying to solve the riddle of the cosmos and can't add 2 and 2 anymore)