[Pythonmac-SIG] numarray 1.1.1 w/ vecLib (Apple's optimized implementation of BLAS)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat May 21 23:11:22 CEST 2005

On May 21, 2005, at 8:57 AM, Andrew Jaffe wrote:

> Any chance of an updated package for numarray 1.3.1? (Or just hints on
> fixing the installer which doesn't quite pick up veclib correctly, I
> think!)?

Unfortunately I'm out of town (in SF/Berkeley rather than NYC) for
about a month and don't have good access to a Panther machine (I only
brought my laptop, which runs Tiger).

Looking at setup.py and addons.py (particularly addons.py) it looks
like it should pick up vecLib just fine.  You just need to say set
the USE_LAPACK environment variable prior to running setup.py, or
specify --use_lapack on the command line (it's a really really ugly
hack that generate.py does circumventing distutils.)