[Pythonmac-SIG] Free Python code and Licenses

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at gmail.com
Fri May 20 02:58:57 CEST 2005

I have nothing against the GPL (well, yes I do, I think it makes the
free and commercial software sides enemies, but that's a completely
different topic), but I do think it would be nice if all free Python
software was released under the same license as Python itself. Python
is an elegant language, and having all kinds of different Python
modules under all sorts of different licenses is, well...inelegant.

Thanks for the module though! I will be looking at it once I get Tiger
installed, it could be very useful.

Does it allow the _creation_ of custom metadata tags on files? Or are
we restricted to the ones defined by Apple?

Thanks,
Ken