[Pythonmac-SIG] wxversion disappeared?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu May 19 16:19:52 CEST 2005

On 19-mei-2005, at 16:09, Charles Hartman wrote:

> On May 19, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>

>> On 19-mei-2005, at 15:51, Charles Hartman wrote:
>>

>>> (I also want the Tiger-distributed Python 2.3.5 to be able to call
>>> wxPython 2.6 rather than the seriously hobbled 2.5.3.1, and I'm not
>>> having much luck with that either.)
>>>

>> "rm /Library/Python/2.3/site-packages/Extras.pth" will remove the
>> version of wxPython that's included with the OS from sys.path. You
>> should then be able to install a new version (or see the new version
>> if you already installed it).
>>

> Though I'm reluctant to *change* what Apple installs (glad to *add*
> to it of course), I tried what you suggest. But all that does is
> make wx entirely invisible to Python.

At least we're making some progress :-)

How did you install the new wxPython? Did you install a binairy
distribution for Panther? If you did you should also install
TigerPython23Compat from http://pythonmac.org/packages. The location
of the side-packages directory changed in 10.4.

BTW. Removing files in /Library is perfectly valid, changing stuff
in /System is a no-no. It is possible to remove Apple's version of
wxPython without removing Extras.pth, but I won't tell you how ;-)

Ronald