[Pythonmac-SIG] On posting long urls

Jack Nutting jnutting at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:35:56 CEST 2005

On 5/19/05, Arthur Elsenaar <arthur at iaaa.nl> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> to prevent clickable urls to be broken by wrapping, surround the url
> by <>.
>
> <http://
> alongurlthatwillnotbebroken.alongurlthatwillnotbebroken.alongurlthatwill
> notbebroken.alongurlthatwillnotbebroken.alongurlthatwillnotbebroken>

(Unfortunately, that doesn't actually seem to help in gmail...)

Better yet, use a URL-shortening service like tinyurl.com.  I've got
the following javascript snippet in a bookmark in Safari's bookmark
bar:

javascript:void(location.href='http://tinyurl.com/create.php?url='+location.href)

For whatever page you're looking at, a click on that will take you to
a page that gives you a tinyurl equivalent of your big-ass URL.

--
// jack