[Pythonmac-SIG] Frameworks which won't import

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Wed May 18 20:05:29 CEST 2005

Let me try to rephrase my question.

I have a framework which I can't import into PyObjC in the usual
way.  Since then I've tried various other frameworks I've found on my
system, mostly embedded in application bundles, and some import but
others do not.  I'm not getting any information on *why* they can't
be imported, even when I turn on debugging with the following lines
before any attempt to load bundles.

from PyObjCTools import Debugging
Debugging.installVerboseExceptionHandler()

Here are the questions:

* What can I do to find out why a bundle wouldn't load?
* Are there common, expected reasons for a framework bundle to not load?
* Is there anything I can do about it?

Now, as far as the Skype framework itself is concerned, I realized
I'm using a Beta and downloaded the earlier, stable release, which
does not have embedded frameworks.

Thanks!

--Dethe