[Pythonmac-SIG] convert binary plist to xml string

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Mon May 16 04:22:59 CEST 2005

> If "works pretty well" means that it's one of the most common sources
> of bugs in the Python standard library (that corrupt data for years
> before being found)

Do you mean it contained (contains?) bugs, or that it's easy to misuse
and someone misused it in some other part of the std library?  I've
found it quite handy and efficient in packing and unpacking binary
structures.  But one does have to pay attention -- I wish the default
byte-ordering was network byte order rather than native.

> and that it's harder to write struct based code
> than it is to write the equivalent in C

I wouldn't go that far, but it may be a wash.  I try to avoid C, though.

Bill