[Pythonmac-SIG] WebKit with PyObjC on Jaguar

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri May 13 02:07:59 CEST 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Bob Swerdlow wrote:

> I'm getting an ImportError trying to import WebKit.  My
> configuration is
> Jaguar with PyObjC 1.2.  I have Safari 1.0.3 installed.  As far as
> I can
> tell from looking at the PyObjC pages, this should work.
>
> Where should I find the WebKit module on my machine?  Where can I
> get the
> WebKit module if is not there?

You need to install the Safari SDK from <http://connect.apple.com> in
order for the WebKit wrapper to be built.  I don't know whether or
not the 1.2 distribution for Jaguar shipped with a wrapper or not..
without an ImportError to look at I wouldn't know.

Jaguar isn't currently supported in PyObjC, but it might still work.
I highly recommend trying it from svn trunk instead.