[Pythonmac-SIG] Spotlight and Python

David Reed dreedmac at columbus.rr.com
Tue May 10 22:22:28 CEST 2005

On May 10, 2005, at 3:57 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss wrote:

> On May 10, 2005, at 2:00 PM, Jonathan Wight wrote:
>

>> I'm not sure how useful it is to index function & class names though.
>>

> Oh, I disagree -- I've got over 100K lines of code, and I would
> *kill* to be able to find everywhere a particular symbol is used.
> And yes, I know grep -r will do it for me -- but the more ways to
> sift through data, the better.
>
> Jacob

I don't think I'd want all variables/symbols to be indexed, but I
think function and class names might be nice and adding the
documentation strings might be worthwhile too. It appears I still
need to learn more about Objective-C although one of Jonathan's
emails makes me think I could just read the file and make a space
separated string of the functions and class names and that would
about take care of it.

If someone who knows more about Objective-C wants to take a stab at
this feel free as I probably won't get to learning more about
Objective-C for a couple more months.

Dave