[Pythonmac-SIG] [PyOXIDE] Drop support for 10.2?

gandreas@gandreas.com gandreas at gandreas.com
Fri May 6 21:17:13 CEST 2005

So given that 10.4 is currently available, I'm considering dropping
support for 10.2 from future versions of PyOXIDE.  I'm aware that there
is at least one user still on 10.2, not sure about others.  Given that
I can't easily test 10.2 (short of hooking up a firewire drive to a
spare machine), I know that there are 10.2 problems that exist in the
current codebase (and more could happen).  It seems like there is a
movement to only support the latest & greatest (even if it requires
users to download a newer version of Python than is on their brand new
OS), but I'm trying to resist this temptation at least a little.  So
any comments/suggestion on the following:

	Require 10.3 (and Python 2.3 that came with 10.3)
	Support 10.4 (with both the stock Python and whatever is currently
"supported")
	Require PyObj 1.3
	Require py2app 0.1.9
	Remove support for bundlebuilder

Note that PyOXIDE is built using the framework python, so the embedded
interpreter (which is what runs the scripts that make up PyOXIDE) will
be whatever /System/Library/Frameworks/Python is (but you can specify
any python interpreter for external execution).

Glenn Andreas                      gandreas at gandreas.com
  <http://www.gandreas.com/> oh my!
quadrium | build, mutate, evolve | images, textures, backgrounds, art