[Pythonmac-SIG] How can XCode find Python.h?

Frederick C. Lee fclee at highstream.net
Thu May 5 23:28:11 CEST 2005

I'm following an c-module example in 'Programming Python'.

The C code depends on 'Python.h'.

The first thing I did was use Spotlight to find where 'Python.h' is.
I found it:  /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.0.sdk/..../include/python2.3/
Python.h  <-- def as PYHEADERS env variable in .login.

So I set the 'Header Search Paths' under 'Search Paths' in XCode via
$PYHEADERS env variable that I had set in my .login file.
But this has no effect within XCode Build.

Any ideas?
Ric.

#include <Python.h>  <--- where?  "No such file or directory."
#include <string.h>

// Modle Functions
static PyObject *                                // returns object.
message(PyObject *self, PyObject *args) {        // 'self' unused in
modules.   'args' from python call.
     char *fromPython, result[64];
     if (!PyArg_Parse(args,"(s)",&fromPython))
         return NULL;
     else {
         strcpy(result,"Hello, ");                // build up C string.
         strcat(result, fromPython);                // add passed
Python-string.
         return Py_BuildValue("s",result);        // convert C -->
Python.
     }
} // end message()
...  etc.