[Pythonmac-SIG] building non-Framework Python 2.4.1 on Tiger

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed May 4 18:19:32 CEST 2005

On May 4, 2005, at 11:15 AM, Gary Poster wrote:

> Hi.  I found Bob Ippolito's TigerPython24Fix but that's only for a
> framework Python 2.4.1--I need to build a non-Framework Python 2.4.1
> from source.  I guess if I were zen-ful about Mac packages I'd be
> able to figure out the necessary changes from the download...but I'm
> not.  Could anyone help me know what I need to change?

Building Python 2.4.1 *on* Tiger has no issues, because I fixed that
before Python 2.4.1 was released.

Python 2.4.1 built on Panther, and moved over to Tiger, *does* have
issues, and that's what TigerPython24Fix takes care of (along with
another issue that's only relevant to the framework installer package).