[Pythonmac-SIG] Regular Expression tools?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed May 4 04:46:03 CEST 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 10:31 PM, Lee Cullens wrote:

> Been here before, but it's been awhile and can't remember what I used,
> and anyway that was a PC platform.
>
> So, if you use a Regular Expression tool (PCRE standard) for Python
> programming and your development platform is Mac OS X, would you
> please
> help narrow down the search for me.  All I seem to be finding are
> other
> platforms and/or not standalone.

Python doesn't use Perl's Crazy Regular Expressions -- but RegExplor
<http://python.net/~gherman/RegexPlor.html> is what you want.

I have a very slightly modernized version of the source in my svn at:
http://svn.red-bean.com/bob/RegexPlor/trunk

Here's a binary that should work on Tiger.. but probably nowhere
else, it uses a standalone Python and everything but its PyObjC was
built on Tiger:
http://undefined.org/python/RegexPlor-20050503-Tiger.zip