[Pythonmac-SIG] Clean Tiger install and Python 2.4.1?

Russell Finn rsfinn at gmail.com
Tue May 3 22:12:48 CEST 2005

Allow me to chime in with a couple of related questions:

> On May 2, 2005, at 2:56 PM, Lee Cullens wrote:
>
> > Specific to this list, I will be putting up Bob's MacPython 2.4.1
> > afterwards.

Is the 10.3 build of MacPython 2.4.1 still appropriate to install on
Tiger?  In particular, it looks (from doing Show Files in Installer)
that it will apply the PantherPythonFix, and I understood that to be
unnecessary (possibly undesirable?) in Tiger.

On 5/2/05, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

> You will want TigerPython24Fix if you plan on building any extensions
> yourself, because Python 2.4 as configured with GCC 3.x has some GCC
> 4 incompatibilities, and that package will patch up the header so
> that GCC 4 will work.

... but this cannot be installed until after 2.4.1 is installed,
right?  (It won't install at the moment, and I haven't installed 2.4.1
yet pending the previous issue.)

-- Russell