[Pythonmac-SIG] wxPython/Tiger?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue May 3 13:10:18 CEST 2005

On 2-mei-2005, at 21:53, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>> (Just out of curiosity, why would they bundle wxPy and NOT
>> PyObjC?...)
>>

> Bundling a current release of PyObjC with Tiger would've definitely
> done more harm than good.

That's a bit harsh, but true. PyObjC from before the release of Tiger
didn't ship with wrappers for frameworks that were introduced in
Tiger (CoreData, QTKit).

I'm not unhappy about this situation, this makes it a lot easier to
upgrade PyObjC. Upgrading wxPython on a Tiger box will be harder than
it was on Panther. Luckily there's only one externe package in the
Extras.pth :-)

Ronald