[Pythonmac-SIG] Having trouble installing Panther python packages

nmadnani at mac.com nmadnani at mac.com
Thu Mar 24 03:18:32 CET 2005

Hi Guys

I am having trouble installing the python packages at
http://pythonmac.org/packages/

Everytime I unzip the file and install the .mpkg file, I get the
following error:
"The InstallationCheck tool is either not exectutable or not readable."

1) I chmod'ed +x the "InstallationCheck" script in the Resouces folder.
  Didn't help

2) I did a google search and found someone else having the same
problem, but they said that it was fixed if they used StuffIt Expander
to unzip the file and not 'unzip'. I used both and I am having the same
problems in both cases.

3) I looked at what the file 'InstallationCheck' contained in the pkg
and it was just this:

#!/bin/sh
exit 112

So I thought I would just delete it and that should be ok. Nope, same
problems.

4) I contacted Bob Ippolito and he was kind enought to provide some
suggestions but could not help much because he could not reproduce the
problems on any of his macs.

So, if anyone else is having the same problems and has managed to fix
it, I would really appreciate any advice !

Thanks in advance !
Nitin