[Pythonmac-SIG] installing MySQL for Python

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Mar 23 17:00:49 CET 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 9:57 AM, Christian Meesters wrote:

> On 23 Mar 2005, at 15:07, Jim Muller wrote:
>
>> Well, the last few errors are probably caused by the first few --
>> what are they?
>>

> Sorry, didn't thought that it could be all too important - but
> thinking about it, my excuse sounds a bit silly. Well here they are:
>
> $ python setup.py build
> sh: line 1: mysql_config: command not found
---
> Anyway: Looking on the first few lines let me search for mysql_config.
> All I found was a binary in my PHP folder - but this has got nothing
> to do with MySQL for Python. There is no other mysql_config file on
> the system.
> setup.py tries to use 'popen'  on 'mysql_config'. Well, from this
> point on I still have no idea how to proceed and want to raise the
> very same question: Any hints?

I think what's most important here is how you installed MySQL.
Apparently the MySQL extension is looking for components of MySQL that
you do not have installed, or that you have installed in a location
other than where the extension knows to look.

Unfortunately for you, I don't use MySQL, so I can't really give you
any specific advice.  Last I remember, the PostgreSQL extensions build
fine, and I have binaries for two different SQLite extensions (one
DB-API compliant, and one not) available from
http://pythonmac.org/packages/