[Pythonmac-SIG] ETA on MacPython 2.4?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 06:59:35 CET 2005

Hi all.  Please be gentle--I use a PC.

I'm doing my third-year computer science project at university, and
we're in the early stages of requirements testing.  That said, I'm also
trying to extol the virtues of Python upon the group, as I honestly
believe it will be the best language for our project.

But there's always a fly in the ointment: most of us are using PCs (I
run Windows+coLinux, and another member has Windows+BSD), but one member
uses Mac OSX.  As a result, cross-platform compatibility is a big issue
for our program.  Obviously, Python is great in this respect, but we
wanted to use Python 2.4.  This is mainly because I happen to really
like generator expressions and decorators <g>.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew in even a vague sense when
MacPython 2.4.1 will be released.  I understand that Jack is waiting on
the PythonLabs 2.4.1 release, but even having a reasonably stable
preview release to work with in the meantime would be good.  Will 2.4.1
be out within the next few months, or should we start looking at 2.3
instead?

Thanks for your time and patience with a heathen PC user.

   -- Daniel