[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: py2app 0.1.8

Dave Opstad dave.opstad at monotypeimaging.com
Fri Mar 18 21:59:44 CET 2005

Well, the good news is that I was able to build and launch my app with 0.1.8
where I wasn't with 0.1.7 (see my posting to this list on March 7). On my
development system I double-click the app and it launches and runs fine.

The bad news, though, is that the app doesn't launch on a system that
doesn't have Tcl already installed, even though the Tcl framework got
correctly bundled in the app itself. The same error ("Can't find a usable
init.tcl") is happening as I described back on the 7th. I checked, and the
init.tcl is indeed in the Tcl.framework within the app's Contents directory.

Any ideas what could be causing it to not find the init.tcl bundled in the
app?

Thanks!
Dave Opstad