[Pythonmac-SIG] emergency python recovery

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 17 13:26:32 CET 2005

I was in the process of getting ready for a talk this morning at 9AM,
one that was largely a demo of python for scientific computing, when I
inadvertently did

  > sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Frameworks/Python/.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3

Ouch!  I had meant to just remove site-packages/matplotlib for a clean
install, and just screwed up.

Is there an easy way to get this directory back -- eg an installer or
package?

If not, could someone just tar up that directory and share it with me?
I'm using OS X 10.3 on a 12 inch powerbook G4.

Thanks!
JDH