[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app on Tiger

Kevin Dangoor kid at kendermedia.com
Thu Mar 17 03:52:49 CET 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> My recommendation is to:
>
> -  Build your framework on the minimum target platform
> -  Copy it over to your workstation
> -  Use bdist_mpkg to build installer packages for the extensions you
> use from the minimum target platform
> -  Install them on your workstation as needed

So, I guess the next question is: is it possible to have two versions of
Mac OS X on one machine? My primary development box is a PowerBook.
Would it be possible to keep 10.3 on an external firewire drive and boot
from that when I need to produce my builds?

(Sorry for the fairly basic question there, but I haven't had to do that
kind of thing on a Mac before...)

> py2app doesn't compile anything, so it doesn't care which OS it runs
> on.  I have a Python framework plus extensions that were built on Mac
> OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) that I use to build a Mac OS X 10.2 compatible
> application with from Mac OS X 10.3.

Makes sense. I should've guessed that anything in C that links to OS
libraries would not drop down to 10.3 easily.

Kevin