[Pythonmac-SIG] Using Python with Terminal

Nick Matsakis matsakis at mit.edu
Wed Mar 9 22:13:25 CET 2005

Is there a simple way to use python with the Mac Terminal so that the
arrow keys will allow you to execute previously executed statements?
I'm using python 2.3.0 on 10.3.

Also, a random Python question.  I'd like to get an arbitrary element from
a sets.Set _without_ mutating the sets.  The most concise way I could find
is this:

for item in someset: break

Which will assign item to an arbitrary element in someset.  This
expression really annoys me, though. Is there a better way?

Nick