[Pythonmac-SIG] Using PIL/Compiling/_imagingtk

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Mar 3 11:39:33 CET 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 6:51 PM, Colby Gutierrez-Kraybill wrote:

> I'm attempting to use the Python Imaging Library
> on a mac os x (panther 10.3.8) box with the standard
> python install, along with the macpython addons
> and the tcltkaqua packages.

The package manager repository at undefined.org is unmaintained, and
probably will never be updated.  The good news is that I've got another
one that doesn't use PackageManager at all:

http://undefined.org/python/packages.html

PIL 1.1.5c1 is available.

It was built from unmodified source about half an hour ago, linked
against tiff 3.7.1, jpeg 6b, freetype 2.1.9 rev 1, Tcl/Tk 8.4
(frameworks).