[Pythonmac-SIG] Qualcomm Purevoice codec

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Tue Mar 1 09:22:12 CET 2005

> Yeah, well, I don't think anyone else here has much of an idea, but
> <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/QuickTime/index.html> would
> be a good place to start.  I can tell you from experience that
> QuickTime is a bit of a pain

I had hoped from Jack's original message that it would be a lot easier
than it looks like it will be.  Check out the text on this page:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/QuickTime/Carbon-date.html

2,000 different functions is absolutely insane.

Due to the huge scope of all this, I won't be spending any of
my own time on it, and instead leave it up to other BitPim
developers on Mac.

> (why is the Python module named  Quicktime?).

It isn't - the modules do have the correct camelcase.

Roger