[Pythonmac-SIG] Aquamacs

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Tue Jun 21 20:19:27 CEST 2005

In article <42B0E779.6030402 at wordtech-software.com>,
 Kevin Walzer <sw at wordtech-software.com> wrote:

> Aquamacs, which I'm working on with David Reitter: This is a more
> radical revision of Emacs: it overrides a lot of the standard Emacs
> interface conventions, keyboard shortcuts, etc. and replaces them with
> standard Aqua keymappings. i.e., Apple-C is the preferred method to copy
> text...

Thank you for the very helpful summary. I had not heard of aquamacs
before and it sounds very promising.

> Let me know if you have other questions.

I have one...

I tried Aquamacs but on the file I loaded it was displayed as one very
long wrapped line with some funny character where the line endings
should have been. I assume the editor was configured to demand a
particular character for line endings and this file used a different
convention. I looked through the prefs but didn't find any way of
enabling universal newline support. Am I missing something?

-- Russell