[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2App on Mactel with pygame?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Jun 8 09:31:17 CEST 2005

On Jun 8, 2005, at 12:14 AM, Keith Nemitz wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2005, at 10:45 PM, pythonmac-sig-request at python.org wrote:
>

>> BTW:  Nearly all bundlebuilder apps are broken on Mac OS X for Intel,
>> and all py2app apps work (via Rosetta, anyway).
>
> Will the altivec enhancements made to pygame 1.7 work in a py2app app?

I don't quite understand the point of this question?  Why would
py2app have anything to do with AltiVec?

If you're asking "do applications built using the AltiVec-enabled SDL
work on Mac OS X for Intel" then the answer is yes, but Rosetta
doesn't support AltiVec so the code path will be the same as that of
the G3.  I haven't tested any pygame apps specifically, but Frozen
Bubble (SDL, Perl) worked fine (under Rosetta) and several PyObjC
applications I've tested also work fine.