[Pythonmac-SIG] ActiveState's OS X Python

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Jun 8 03:17:30 CEST 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 5:25 PM, Trent Mick wrote:

> [Larry Meyn wrote]
>
>> Sorry for the wording, a failed attempt at humor.
>>

> No worries. Just making sure that ActivePython wasn't doing anything
> stupid. My successful attempt at paranoia. :)

Well, there is the license:

"You may make and give away verbatim copies of this Package for
personal use, or for use within your organization, provided that you
duplicate all of the original copyright notices and associated
disclaimers. You may not distribute copies of this Package, or copies
of packages derived from this Package, to others outside your
organization without specific prior written permission from
ActiveState (although you are encouraged to direct them to sources
from which they may obtain it for themselves)."

I read this as:
You can't use py2app (cx_Freeze, py2exe, ...) without written
permission.