[Pythonmac-SIG] Collaborative pyObjC development

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Jan 26 13:56:34 CET 2005

On Jan 26, 2005, at 7:24 AM, Pete wrote:

>> What's wrong with using http://pythonmac.org/wiki ?  I think a Plone
>> site is a bit much.
>>
> Well you have the possibility of developing and sharing Plone
> Archetypes as well man.
> My feeling right now for new development : start with a new web-based
> app that suits all clients-platforms, then build it 'properly' using
> pyObjc clients and decent native widgets. Diversity is to be
> encouraged and code sharing with others is very good here too. You
> never know, somebody might make a Plone App. that will perform the
> py2App function as a web service.

Sounds like a lot more than "setting up a Plone site".  If you build
it, it might get used, but I wouldn't hold your breath.  The wiki is
used mostly in a read-only context as-is.

Do you have any examples of projects that actually work like that to
develop non-web applications?  I'm not aware of any projects that use
such a development strategy.