[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with matplotlib

Larry Meyn Larry.A.Meyn at nasa.gov
Wed Jan 5 12:24:44 CET 2005

Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.  You are the second
person to suggest completely removing  the old libraries and
re-installing, which in fact was the needed solution to the problem.
As for your suggestion to use fink, it is something that I have been
avoiding as it doesn't always seem to  play well with standard
installations.  I was very tempted to use fink in order to get a
working matplotlib, as installing freetype2, libpng and zlib from src
seemed to be a rather daunting task.  Fortunately, the  i-Installer
(http://ii2.sourceforge.net/) distribution application for TeX on OS X
is a viable alternative for installing freetype2, libpng and zlib.

Larry