[Pythonmac-SIG] cross-platform puzzle

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Feb 22 20:45:14 CET 2005

Charles Hartman <charles.hartman at conncoll.edu> writes:

> So why did my wx.TextCtrl show different double-click behavior on the
> two platforms? Though I'm using Python 2.3 on both, my wxPython on Mac
> is 2.5.3.1 and on Win it was 2.5.2.8 (dumb!) so I thought that might
> be the problem. But no: I upgraded on Win, and I get the same
> behavior. I'll report this on the wxPython list.

I think it might be the underlying controls behaving differently.
Certainly on Mac double-clicking gets you just the word selected (but
if you then press delete, a preceding space will be deleted).  It's
too long since I used windows to be sure how it behaves, but it
wouldn't surprise me if it was different.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  > Emacs is a fashion statement.
  No, Gnus is a fashion statement.  Emacs is clothing.  Everyone
  else is running around naked.
        -- Karl Kleinpaste & Jonadab the Unsightly One, gnu.emacs.gnus