[Pythonmac-SIG] pythonmac Wiki has been spammed.

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Feb 8 21:22:39 CET 2005

    >> http://pythonmac.org/wiki/TkAqua

    Bob> Unfortunately I do.. but I don't really have time to deal with the
    Bob> spam.  It has a defense in that existing pages can't be edited with
    Bob> too many URLs, but creating new pages lets you use as many URLs as
    Bob> you want.  I think I'd rather replace the installation with
    Bob> something else or a newer version of MoinMoin before I go hacking
    Bob> at it any more.

Bob,

I assume you're using MoinMoin 1.2.something.  There is a global Moin
anti-spam facility you can enable without too much trouble.  Take a look at
how that's managed for the python.org wiki:

    http://www.python.org/moin/WikiSpam

That also includes a link to the main wiki page for that facility.

Skip