{Spam?} Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Compiling matplotlib on OS-X

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Mon Feb 7 19:41:40 CET 2005

Bob wrote:

> Anyway, PJE and I are working on the Next Big Thing in Python packages
> <http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs> that will make
> this problem go away at some point.  Hopefully by March ;)

This is good news (though for the PEAK uninitiated like myself
the web page is rather cryptic).  I hope that you'll keep in mind
that half the web surfing world is still on low bandwidth
connections, so that a simple way to "transfer" packages from one
machine to another without being online will prove very
useful.  That is, I should be able to download a package onto
a machine with a fast connection, and copy it over to another
machine (e.g. via a flash drive) and be able to install it on
that machine without having to do a large download over a
dialup connection.  The easier (i.e. more directly supported)
this process is, the better!

Thanks,
Tom