[Pythonmac-SIG] Did I bust py2app?

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Tue Feb 1 14:54:07 CET 2005

On Jan 30, 2005, at 7:37 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> . . . you have junk from an early version of py2app.

Thanks, as always.

Working on a setup.py file again, I'm realizing I need to know more
(surprise!). But where to look? I've read through the Distutils doc
since that seems like essential background. And I've read the bit I get
with help(py2app) in an interactive Python window. But I'm still not
intelligently reading the sample setup.py files in examples etc. I need
to know more about plists, for one thing -- is there a good little
intro on them? Or am I wrong to emphasize them? My goal is to make
setup.py files that will work for both py2app and py2exe, since I have
to build Windows executables for some of my colleagues.

And here's a *really* simple thing I don't understand: I've got a data
file I need to include in my app. I know how to specify it on the
py2app command line (python setup.py py2app --resources mydatafile) --
but where do I put it in the setup.py file? (I want it to get included
in a py2exe build, too.)

You see the kind of tutorial I'm looking for? Any pointers much
appreciated.

Charles Hartman