[Pythonmac-SIG] Linking against a Python extension

matthias.oberlaender@daimlerchrysler.com matthias.oberlaender at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Dec 20 16:23:55 CET 2005

First question: Is it possible to link against a normally built Python
extension?

More specifically, I want to pass the '.so' file of some Python extension
as an extra link argument to the 'weave.inline' function. This seems to
work quite well on Linux. But I suspect, on Mac OS X  the answer is 'no'.
I just want this confirmed.

Second question: Can I use distutils right out-of-the-box to create a
dynamically linked shared library on OS X?

Thanks!

Matthias