[Pythonmac-SIG] pythonw and python with applescript

Zhi Peng zhiyong_peng2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 21:18:50 CET 2005

First of all, Thanks 'Has"'s help during past months.

  If we use pythonw, then there may be problem in C code to call the python code with appscript inside because it seems PyImport_ImportModule("ModuleName") only works with python instead of pythonw.

  By the way, I have another question for HAS. For example, I create a textFrame on InDesign as following

  textFrame = id.make(new=k.text_frame, at=myDoc.page[1],with_properties={k.geometric_bounds:["14p0","7p0","50p0","45p0"]})

  then how could I get the geometric_bounds if I have textFrame object?

  Say textFrame has properties: geometric_bounds,
                                               contents
                                               etc

  Thanks

  Zhi

has <hengist.podd at virgin.net> wrote:
  Kevin Walzer wrote:

>Not sure if appscript modules can be run interactively with the Python
>interpreter/shell--has can chime in here.

Sure, as long as you use pythonw. An interactive shell can be quite handy when learning your way around an application's object model; appscript's built-in help() system works very nicely there.

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/
Pythonmac-SIG maillist - Pythonmac-SIG at python.org