[Pythonmac-SIG] Converting to AppleEvents

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Wed Dec 7 17:35:11 CET 2005

On Wed 2005-12-07, at Wed 2005-12-07T07:52 AM, Brian Ray wrote:

[snipped]

> This seems to work well for now. However, is there a way to have
> os.system() wait till it's finished? In other words how to I get
> the osascript tool to not return until the script has actually
> finished.

You probably want to use subprocess, not os.system().  It's a more
advanced module and should allow you to wait for your script to
complete (or to interact with it while it's running if you like).

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-subprocess.html

--Dethe

"Computers are beyond dumb, they're mind-numbingly stupid. They're
hostile, rigid, capricious, and unforgiving. They're impossibly
demanding and they never learn anything." -- John R. Levine