[Pythonmac-SIG] Speed up Python on the Mac?

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:01:40 CET 2005

> On Dec 6, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Louis Pecora wrote:
>

> I see there are many other approaches (SWIG, Pyrex, Psyco -- some may
>
> not be available on the Mac), so I thought I would start here to ask
>
> what people in this email list use and recommend.

Earlier in the year, Phillip Eby was optimizing his RuleDispatch
package. There were many tweaks he was able to do *completely in
Python* that resulted in a decent speedup. Here's one of his posting
on the topic:

http://dirtsimple.org/2005/02/optimization-surprises.html

Pyrex works on the Mac:
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/