[Pythonmac-SIG] ODBC On the Macintosh via Python?

brad.allen@omsdal.com brad.allen at omsdal.com
Tue Aug 16 16:40:31 CEST 2005

"Schollnick, Benjamin" wrote on 08/16/2005 09:08:49 AM:

> I have done some google research, but come up dry...
>
> Is there a ODBC module for the Macintosh?  For example, the win32
> distribution has an (old) odbc module, which works fine for my
> purposes...
>
> I am uncertain if mxODBC would work on the macintosh, but either way
> it's unsuitable for my purposes...  (Licensing cost)

Actual ODBC does work on the Mac:

http://www.actualtechnologies.com/

However, the only way I know of to get it to work with Python would
be to use mxODBC. I asked Actual Technologies about this and they
sent me some info about how to modify mxODBC to make it work
with Actual ODBC. I you decide to go this route, let me know and
I will forward you this info.

Brad Allen
IT Desktop Support

brad.allen at omsdal.com