[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonIDE crashes

Jason Slack jason at enterpriseutilities.com
Sat Aug 13 04:50:26 CEST 2005

Hello All,

I have installed MacPython on my ibook running Tiger.

The PythonIDE crashes on startup with the following thrown to the
console:

===== Friday, August 12, 2005 10:40:06 PM America/New_York =====
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Applications/MacPython-2.3/PythonIDE.app/Contents/Resources/
PythonIDE.py", line 58, in ?
     import PythonIDEMain as _PythonIDEMain
   File "/Applications/MacPython-2.3/PythonIDE.app/Contents/Resources/
PythonIDEMain.py", line 7, in ?
     import W
   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Mac/
Tools/IDE/W.py", line 7, in ?
     from Wtext import *
   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Mac/
Tools/IDE/Wtext.py", line 6, in ?
     import waste
ImportError: No module named waste

Any thoughts?