[Pythonmac-SIG] Active Directory authentication on Mac using Python

brad.allen@omsdal.com brad.allen at omsdal.com
Sat Aug 6 03:21:46 CEST 2005

I'm looking for someone who can provide some limited consultation for
a Python project we're doing in in the IT dept at my place
of employment (OMS). In particular, we have a Python client/server app
which needs to do Active Directory authentication from both Mac OS X
and Windows XP clients.

The client Python app will take username and password input from the
user, and then contact the Active Directory to obtain credentials. The
client app will then pass the credentials to the server app, which
will inspect the credentials and provide appropriate authorizations.
The server app runs under Windows XP.

We'd like to get this accomplished fairly soon, and expect lots of
folks have already done this sort of thing with Python in the Windows
realm. However, I'm worried that we're going to get stuck doing this
on the Mac. If anyone can help us with this part of the project, it
would be much appreciated. If you know how to do it on Windows as well,
even better.

If are willing and able to provide consultation services for this,
please respond to me off list. Of course, any comments about this
posted freely to this list would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Brad Allen
IT Desktop Support

brad.allen at omsdal.com