[Pythonmac-SIG] Dive Into Python example fileinfo on Mac

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 28 16:48:13 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 04:10:39PM +0200, Arthur Clemens wrote:
> I am going through this excellent tutorial, and now I find that
> fileinfo.py does not do what it should do. Only the file name is
> returned, not the mp3 tags data.
>
> class MP3FileInfo(FileInfo):
> 	"store ID3v1.0 MP3 tags"
	          ^^^^

I think this is likely your problem - this is just a limited example.
You can use "Convert ID3 Tags" in iTunes's Advanced menu to convert a
song to ID3v1.0 for testing, if you just want to play with the script.
You may lose tag data, so do this on a copy of the song.  If you want
to actually parse ID3 tags, then use a more flexible module; it looks
like there's one at <http://id3-py.sourceforge.net/>.

After converting tags on one of my songs to ID3v1.0, the script worked
for me (downloaded as part of the examples:
http://diveintopython.org/download/diveintopython-examples-5.4.zip>)

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>