[Pythonmac-SIG] \r in string causes eval to fail

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Sep 15 16:01:21 CEST 2004

Chris Ryland <cpr at emsoftware.com> writes:

> Argh, this really seems like a basic bug in all versions of
> CPython. Eval/exec/parse should support all forms of
> linefeeds--what's the downside?

You haven't submitted a patch to do this yet? <wink>

Semi-seriously, I'd guess that everyone who's bumped into this has
found it easier to normalize the line feeds in Python than hack the
parser (it's a little scary).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  If you don't use emacs, you're a pathetic, mewling, masochistic
  weakling and I can't be bothered to convert you.    -- Ron Echeverri