[Pythonmac-SIG] quicktime info?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Mon Sep 13 16:55:53 CEST 2004

Hi Arthur,

On Sep 13, 2004, at 6:38 AM, Arthur Elsenaar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> looked around the archives and documentation, but can't find
> information on how to use some very limited quicktime functionality.
>
> The main functionality I need are the movieplayer to load a sound
> file, duration and position information.
>
> I like to add this an existing pythoncard application, so I suspect a
> PyObjC solution is out the door?

Well, I'm in the process of developing wxQtMovie for wxPython, which
should already do what you need. (There's also wxSound, though I don't
think you can get duration or position information with it.) Since
pythoncard uses wxPython underneath, I think all that's needed is for
Kevin A. to make the class accessible from pythoncard itself. I'm
forwarding this to wxPython developer's list so that we can discuss
this further and work out a solution.

Thanks,

Kevin