[Pythonmac-SIG] Error in loading Bundle on Mac OS X 10.3.4

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sat Sep 11 19:02:28 CEST 2004

On 10 Sep 2004, at 04:21, Brian Christensen wrote:
> ImportError: Failure linking new module:
> /usr/lib/wxPython-2.5.1.5/lib/libwx_base_carbond_xml-2.5.1.dylib:
> dyld: /Users/andycarter/Desktop/GanttPV v0.1.1
> Folder/GanttPV.app/Contents/MacOS/GanttPV can't open library:
> /usr/lib/wxPython-2.5.1.5/lib/libwx_base_carbond_xml-2.5.1.dylib  (No
> such file or directory, errno = 2)

As you seem to have found out by n ow this is the culprit: the dynamic
linker (dyld) can't find the library named
"libwx_base_carbond_xml-2.5.1.dylib".

As the rest of your message seems to say that you have set
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, there are a couple of possible problems:
- libwx_base_carbond_xml-2.5.1.dylib really isn't on DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH,
or it is a symlink pointing into thin air (i.e. back into the /usr/lib
space, to a file that isn't there)
- DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH somehow isn't really set. Check by adding
system("printenv") to you code at a strategic place.
- DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is being ignored, for instance because the user is
running set-UID.

There's another environment variable you could set to debug this,
DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES. Actually, there's quite a few that may help, see
"man dyld" for a list of all the environment variables that influence
the dynamic loader.

Please let us hear the results,
Goldman