[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonIDE w/ DarwinPorts Python?

rtjohan at syspres.com rtjohan at syspres.com
Fri Sep 10 20:41:23 CEST 2004

Been using darwin ports to install postgresql, python, apache2, psycopg
with great success on MacOSX 10.3.5. So, I use the darwin ports python
which is installed in /opt/local/bin/python. Wondering how to tell
PythonIDE to use this darwin python instead of the built-in python. The
darwin python contains all the python packages.

One way I can think of is to use softlink to redirect to darwin python.
Hate to be messing with the default install though, would imagine there
is some configuration file that can be modified instead.

Any tips most welcome.

Thanks,
Richard